Tips from Raleigh to help choose the essential accessories you need for the perfect bike ride
Being equipped for your ride will always make your biking journey the most enjoyable experience. Here are some essential accessories that you should consider when gearing up for your bike ride.
The safety variables while riding a bike should always be top of mind - wearing a helmet is essential, and in most cases mandatory. It is never recommended to ride your bike without an adequate helmet for protection. Helmets come in a variety of sizes to accommodate a rider from infants, kids, youth, and adults to keep everyone safe.
Protecting your investment is critical, so never leaving home without your lock is a must when looking to keep your bike safe while you carry on your journey, off the bike. There are generally three types of locks available: chain lock, U-Lock and cable lock.
Any bike ride is better with a company, big or small. There is a collection of trailers available to bring along your younger ones for the ride or carry cargo for your everyday errands. The lightweight bike trailers come equipped with safety features such as a 5-point safety harness, full rain cover and quick assembly so you and your loved ones can cruise together safely.
How to size yourself for a bike helmet
When Sizing your head for a bike helmet you should consider the following:
- It should sit level across the forehead, just above the eyebrows.
- It should not have significant movement or wiggle before you begin adjusting the straps.
- The chin strap should be snug against the bottom of your chin, with just enough room for two fingers to slide underneath the strap.
- The helmet should not move more than about an inch in any direction when you move your head up and down or side to side.
- The helmet should not pull off, no matter how hard you try.
- Important to remember that helmets should be replaced every three years, regardless of this.
Know more about Raleigh Bikes
With over 135 years of history in the cycling industry, Raleigh continues to deliver well-made, beautifully comfortable, stylish bikes. From classics to trail, all made modern with styled lines, comfort, and quality components. Raleigh has made its way around the globe, won the Tour de France, been to the Olympics, and won many championships. But we’re not in it for the gold, we’re in it for the joy that comes with riding. Puttering through the suburbs, cycling to brunch downtown, seeing the sites, and commuting to the office - We’re in it for the rider to enjoy the ride! To explore more visit our website: https://raleigh-canada.ca.